Burundi Kayanza Coffee Beans
Coupon 15PERCENT = $9.59 (15% off over $150)
You may mix and match any products for the coupon
Shipping: Free Over $49, or $9.99 Flat
Bag Type: 1-way Valve, Laminate Bag
Custom Grind: No Charge
Custom Roast: No Charge
Burundi Kayanza Coffee Beans. These beans are sourced from the International Women's Coffee Alliance (IWCA) - a social organization focused on empowering women and producing better quality coffees in the participating regions. The Kayanza chapter consists of 127 members - 66 women and 61 men. Members are paid local market rate during the harvest season and receive another payment after the second harvest helping to smooth out their income. If the coffees are sold at a premium by the IWCA the members receive another disbursement based on the premium providing an incentive for all members to produce the highest possible quality crop.
Price is per 16 oz (1 pound) (454 grams) of Burundi Kayanza Coffee.
- Varietal: Primarily Bourbon
- Grade: FW 15 (60% > 16 screen)
- Precipitation: 1800 - 1900 mm/year
- Temperature: 24 degrees celcius (average)
- Soil: Sedimentary Granitic Quartzite Schist
- Altitude: 1750 - 1780 meters above sea level
- Harvest: April - August
- Processing: Washed Dried on Beds
- Aroma: Citric (lemon) Malt
- Flavour: Blackstrap Molasses Chocolate (sweet) Lime Zest
- Body: Medium - Rich Creamy
- Acidity: Bright
Coffee is a highly individual experience - no two people like the same thing. It's important to find out what you like best, and don't be afraid to try something new, you may find a new favorite! We have low 1-lb minimums and the ability to choose custom roasts on our single origins.